2615 Shallowford Road
Atlanta, Georgia 30345
Stancom, Inc. Serving Industry & Business Since 1962
Northern Computer Access Control Security Card Entry System
Versatility, reliability and expandability are the three main features that make the N-1000 the most popular access control panel ever.
Another key feature of the N-1000 is its completely distributed database. All card information, time zone information, relay control information and alarm point information is loaded into the N-1000âs memory. The unit can operate completely stand alone without dependence on any other equipment.
The most important feature of any access control system is the ability to be expanded. The N-1000 will operate as a stand alone two or four door controller, and as needs increase, up to 31 N-1000's may be connected on an RS485 drop-line.
Using WIN-PAKTM access control software, a total system is achieved by having each drop-line connected to a communication port, modem or ethernet terminal server.
N-1000 is designed to operate off-line, making access control decisions independently from a PC or other controlling device. It can also be connected to a host computer for system configuration, alarm monitoring and direct control. Connectivity to the host computer is accomplished via direct serial communication (RS232 or RS485), dial-up modem or TCP/IP network connection.
The N-1000-IV-X allows for a card database of 25,000 cards and a transaction buffer capable of storing 6,600 transactions.
* Four reader control panel (N-1000-IV)
* Supports all major reader technologies and 16-digit ABA card formats
* Distributed database for independent operation
* Operates in remote site configurations with dial-up (requires M-56K and N-485-HUB-2) or leased lines
* N-1000-IV-X: 25,000 card memory N-1000-IV: 5,000 card memory
* N-1000-IV-X: 6,600 buffers N-1000-IV: 10,200 buffers
* RS485 and 20 mA legacy communications are jumper selectable
* Compatible with the N-1000-III
* 16 supervised alarm inputs. Separate inputs for tamper switch and primary power fail monitoring
* DPDT Form C relays; four on N-1000-IV, eight on N-1000-IV-X
* 63 time zones to control card access, relays and alarm points
* Relays are âtime-programmableâ for automatic control
* 12 VDC battery backup
* 12 VDC, 500 mA output for reader/IR devices
* Eight programmable card formats supported
* Preassembled, hinged, locking enclosure with battery and toggle switch
* UL294 listing/CE certification
Ordering Information Back to Top
Part No. Description
N-1000 Series Controllers
N1000K4 Kit N-1000-IV with enclosure, transformer, suppressors
N1000K4X Kit N-1000-IV-X with enclosure, transformer, suppressors
N-1000-IV Four reader controller module, four DPDT relays, 16 supervised inputs
N-1000-IV-X Four reader controller module, eight DPDT relay outputs and additional card capacity
Hardwired communication devices for N-1000 series controllers
N-485-PCI-2 RS232 to RS485 single port converter
Network communication devices for N-1000 series controllers
N485PCI2L RS485 interface for LANSRLU1
LAN485KIT Kit with LANSRLU1 and N485PCI2L
Dial-up communication devices for N-1000 series controllers
N-485-HUB-2 RS232 / 25 pin modem converter to RS485
M-56K Dial-up modem
X-4 Power transformer for N-1000
S-4 Suppressor kit for each active relay
BAT-3 12V 4A replacement battery
Keri and Northern Computer Click here For More Info
Stancom, Inc. Serving Industry &
Business Since 1962